Saturday 30 January 2016

Eight days to go or is it nine? Ten?

Wow.

This time next week (if it's meant to be) I will be welcoming my first child into the world.

I can't believe that after all the planning. Sickness. Tooth loss and sinusitis that in less than a week (hopefully) I'm going to meet my little man.

Or maybe not. He could be late. Or he could be early. The community midwife told me that if he's ten days overdue then I will be induced so that will mean he will be delivered on the 17th. But if he's early that could mean he could come at anytime: day or night between now and the 7th.

So what is a girl to do? The hospital bag is packed. The cleaning has been done. All I can do now is sit and play the waiting game because no matter how much I will him to come out on his due date it won't make any difference. When he's ready to come out he will come out. He will do his own thing. In his own time. Just like someone else I know... Me! 

In the meantime - place your bets. Will he be early or late? 



No comments:

Post a Comment